With companies and their management facing increasing and ever changing domestic and international accounting guidance, resources are often stretched too thin and companies are left struggling to maintain or catch up.
Many, if not most, companies lack the internal resources and breadth of knowledge necessary to manage, maximize the value, and minimize the effect of corporate finances in areas like complex capital transactions, embedded derivatives, variable interest entities evaluations, revenue recognition, business combinations and disposals, stock-based compensation, convertible debt, lease accounting and convertible debt.
AC Lordi works with companies that may be experiencing a short or long term lack of in-house expertise with highly technical accounting issues as well as time constraints preventing them from effectively managing projects and accomplishing critical financial goals. Our Technical Accounting team can provide independent review on your positions, and with an outstanding industry reputation, we can work with you to orchestrate a smooth path when engaging an outside audit firm.
Some of the key issues we consistently address include:
- Analysis and transition between U.S. GAAP and IFRS reporting
- Business acquisitions and disposals
- Complex capital transactions including embedded derivatives
- Complex debt and equity transactions with conversion features or warrants
- Debt restructurings and modifications
- Derivatives and hedging
- Foreign currency translations
- Impairment testing analysis and documentation
- Pro forma financial statements prepared in accordance with Article 11
- Revenue recognition
- Stock-based compensation expense related issues
- Variable Interest Entity (VIE) analysis
Our Technical Accounting team has a full complement of seasoned accounting consultants with broad experience in U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). We can provide supporting whitepapers, address complex accounting issues, and have the ability and comfort to interface with your auditors and executive management. Our professionals are constantly reviewing new pronouncements and proactively addressing any implementation issues or concerns with clients. We also provide CPE qualified training seminars that are specifically tailored to clients’ needs.